GATE Application Form 2017, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, Eligibility Criteria, important dates, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Process to Apply and Counselling Process, etc.
Latest Updates as on 20th July 2016: Good News!!!! for candidates looking for the GATE Application Form 2016. This year, the GATE Application Forms will be available from 1st September 2016 to 4th October 2016. Use the link given below to check the official notification.
[color-box] Click here for GATE 2017 Official Notification [/color-box]
GATE Application Form 2017
The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This test is conducted jointly by the seven IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) and IISC, Bangalore on the rotation basis. This is an entrance test conducted at the national level for providing admission to Post-Graduation in the field of Engineering and Architecture etc. Candidates, who qualify in GATE, will get admission in M.Tech, M.E., M.Arch, M.Sc, etc. in any IIT, NIT, and various private institutions. The GATE score is also used in government jobs for Junior Engineer posts. Gate score is valid for three years. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria for GATE before applying. GATE Application Form 2017 will be available in the month of September 2016 and candidates can apply until October 2016. The GATE will be conducted in the month of January 2017. Candidates can apply for GATE 2017 via online mode only. Here, in this article, we are providing you all necessary information related to GATE 2017 like Eligibility Criteria, important dates, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Process to Apply and Counselling Process, etc. Candidates are advised to read this article carefully before applying for GATE 21017.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2017
The detail of eligibility criteria is given below:
- Candidates must have done B.E./ B.Tech or B.Pharmacy from recognized university or institutes can apply for GATE 2017. Candidates appearing in final year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates, who have done B.Arch from recognized university or institute. Candidates appearing in final year can also apply.
- Candidates, who are pursuing Masters degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, etc. can also apply.
- Starting date to fill the application form online: 1st September, 2016
- Closing date to submit the application form online: 4th October 2016
- Admit Card Availability: 15 days before exam date
- Date of Examination: 4th, 5th and 11th and 12th February 2016
- Admit Card Status: available from 5th January 2017
- Result declaration date: 27th March 2017
- Score Card Available: at the end of March 2017
- Application fee for General Category Candidates(Male): Rs. 1500/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/PH and Female Candidates of All Categories: Rs. 750/-
- Application fee can be paid by online mode i.e. By using debit card/net banking or E-Challan.
- Application fee, once paid, will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
How to apply for GATE 2017
Candidates can fill the GATE Application Form 2017 via online mode only. Candidates will visit the official website of GATE 2017. The authority provides an online interface called GOAPS i.e. GATE Online Application Processing System through which the candidates can complete their registration process. In the online application form, fill all the required detail like personal detail, educational detail, contact detail like valid e-mail id, etc. Pay the application fee and fill the fee detail in the application form. Upload the scanned photo, signature, educational certificates, caste certificates, etc. in the recommended dimension. After filling the form completely, click Submit and take a printout of it for future use.
Exam for GATE will be conducted in Computer Based Mode. The duration of exam will be 3 hours, and total marks will be 100. Total 65 questions will be asked, and some questions will be of objective type with four options, and some questions will be of Numerical Answer Type (NAT). There will be no options for NAT questions. Out of 65 questions, ten questions will be asked from the general aptitude section carrying 15 marks.
After the declaration of result, qualified candidates will be called for counseling. Candidates, who secure more than the decided cut off by the authority, will be eligible for counseling. Counseling of GATE will be organized by the CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Arch. /M.Plan).Through counseling, the candidates are admitted to NITs, IISC, IITDM. IITs will also conduct their counseling for providing admission. Candidates can choose the IIT for admission as per their score obtained in the GATE.
If you want more information related to GATE Application Form 2017, you can write to us by using the comment box given below. We will answer you as soon as possible.