JEST Application Form 2017, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Counselling Process etc.
JEST Application Form 2017
JEST stands for Joint Entrance Screening Test. This test is conducted by many institutions on rotational basis. This is a national level entrance test for getting admission in Ph.D /Integrated Ph.D program in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience in the different institutes like ARIES, HB NI, HRI, ICTS, IGCAR, IIA, IISc, IISER Mohali,Pune and Thiruvanthampuram, IMSc, IOP, IPR and many other science institutes. Candidates, who want to get admission in Ph.D or integrated Ph.D course in Physics or Theoretical Computer Sciences or Neuroscience, can apply for this exam. Candidates can apply for JEST Application Form 2017 by online mode. Application forms for JEST 2017 will be released in the month of November, 2016 and the exam for JEST will be conducted in the month of February, 2017. We are providing you the necessary information related to JEST Application Form 2017 like Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Counselling Process etc. in this article. Candidates are advised to read this article carefully before applying.
Eligibility Criteria for JEST 2017
The detail of eligibility criteria for different Ph.D program:
For Ph.D. Program in Physics:
- Candidates must have done M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will also be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram and SNBNCBS for integrated Ph.D program.
For Ph.D at Theoretical Computer Science/Neuroscience:
- Candidates must have done M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science for Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science.
- Candidates must have done M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science for Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC.
For Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Program:
- Candidates must have done Graduation in science/ mathematics/ /statistics /computer science/information technology/Engineering for admission in Physics and in Theoretical Computer Science.
- Candidates must have done B.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics) & B.E./ B.Techi (Computer Science) will be considered for integrated M.Sc-Ph.D in Neuroscience.
For Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA:
Candidates must have done graduation M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics / B.E. / B.Tech. degree.
For Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram:
Graduation with Bachelor’s degree in Physics/Technology/Engineering for Ph.D in Physics.
- Starting date to submit application form : November, 2016
- Closing date to submit application form online : January, 2017
- Admit Card availability : 10 to 15 days before exam date
- Date of Examination : February, 2017
- Result declaration date : March, 2017
- Counselling Process : April, 2017
Application Fee for JEST 2017
- Application fee for General Category Candidates will be Rs. 300/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/PH Category Candidates will be Rs. 150/-
- Application fee can be paid by online mode by using debit card/credit card/net banking or e-challan.
- Application fee once paid will be non-refundable.
How to fill JEST Application Form 2017
Candidates can apply for JEST 2017 via online mode only. Candidates will need to visit the official website for JEST i.e. www.jest.org.in. After that you have to search for the link of Application form for JEST 2017. Now, you have to select the Ph.D Program for which you want to apply. After that Click Apply Online and online application form will appear on screen. Fill the form completely like personal detail, educational detail, contact detail. For Contact detail, you have to give a valid e-mail id. E-mail id is must because the authority will send information to that e-mail id. After that, pay the application fee as mentioned above. Upload the photo, signature, thumb impression and caste certificate etc. on the application form. After filling the form completely, click submit and take printout of it for future use. Your registration number and password will be generated which will be used for log in purpose in future.
JEST exam paper will be set in only one language i.e. English. The duration of exam will be 3 houjrs and objective type MCQs will be asked in the qujestion paper. Questions are based on the general syllabus of graduation and post-graduation level courses offered by various Indian universities and institutions.
Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of marks obtained in the JEST 2017. It is expected that the counselling will be held in the month of April, 2017. Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of their rank in JEST 2017, choice of course and choice of college for admission.
If you want more information related to JEST 2017, you can tell us by using the comment box given below.
Official Website www.jest.org.in