LPU NEST 2017, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Counselling Process etc.
LPU NEST 2017
The full form of LPU NEST is Lovely Professional University National Eligibility and Scholarship Test. This test is conducted every year to give admission to candidates in various engineering courses offered by LPU. Through this test, LPU also provides scholarships to students as per their rules and regulations. Application form will be released in the month of December, 2016. Candidates can apply for the LPU NEST 2017 via Online and Offline mode. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. In this article, we are providing you the detail of Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply, Exam Pattern etc. in brief form. So, Read this article carefully and then apply for this test.
The detail of eligibility criteria is given below:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Minimum educational qualification required for this test is 12th class passed with Physics, Mathematics and English as subjects from CBSE, ICSE or any other recognized board. Candidates appearing in 12th class can also apply.
- Candidates should secure 60% marks in 12th or equivalent with Physics,English and Maths.
- For admission in B.Tech Biotechnology, Candidates should secure 60% marks in 12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths, Biotech, and Biology.
- Starting of registration online : December, 2016
- Last date to apply online : April, 2017
- Date of Examination: April, 2017
- Result Declaration: May, 2017
- Counselling Process: May, 2017
- Last date of Admission on the basis of LPU NEST – Last week of May, 2017
Candidates have to pay Rs. 300 as application fee to buy application form. Application fee can be paid by using Credit Card/Debit Card or Net Banking. Candidates can pay application fee in cash also at the admission counter of LPU.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply for LPU NEST 2017 via online or offline mode. In case of Online mode, candidates can download the application form from official website of LPU i.e. www.lpu.in. In case of Offline mode, candidates candidates can buy the application form from the admission office of University Campus. After filling the application form and paying application fee, candidates have to send the application form along with fee payment proof and other required documents at the university address mentioned below:
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1),
Question paper will consist of Objective type questions. Total 90 questions will be asked for 360 marks. Two hours duration will be provided for attempting all questions. Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer and there will be no negative marking for wrong answers. The question paper will be set in only one language i.e. English. Questions will be asked from following subjects:
- Physics : 30 Questions for 120 marks
- Chemistry: 30 Questions for 120 marks
- Biology/Mathematics : 30 Questions for 120 marks
The result will be declared after a few days of commencement of exam. Merit list of successful candidates will be issued on official website. After that, counselling process will start. Candidates, whose name will come under merit list, will be called for Counselling. It is expected that counselling process will start in the month of May, 2017. Seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their choice. Seats allotment will be done purely on merit basis. Document verification will also be done in counselling process. Documents required for counselling process are given below:
- 10th Class DMC
- 12th Class DMC
- Character Certificate
- LPU Admit Card and Score Card
- Caste Certificate(if applicable)
If you want any other information related to LPU NEST 2017, you can write to us by using comment box given below.