NEST 2017, National Entrance Screening Test, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Counselling Process etc.
The full form of NEST is National Entrance Screening Test. This is a university level entrance test conducted at national level. This test is conducted by National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS) jointly. Candidates, who want to get admission five year integrated M.Sc program offered by NISER and UM-DAE CBS, will have to crack this test. Candidates will get admission on the basis of marks obtained in the NEST. Interested candidates can apply for NEST via online mode. Application form for NEST 2017 will be released in the month of January, 2017 and the exam will be conducted in the month of May, 2017. We are providing you necessary information related to NEST 2017 like Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Counselling Process etc. in this article. Candidates are advised to read this article carefully before applying.
Eligibility Criteria for NEST 2017
The detail of eligibility criteria for NEST 2017 is given below:
- Candidates must have passed 12th class from recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as subjects.
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in 12th class for general category candidates and 55% fpor SC/ST/PH Candidates.
- Candidates must have done 12th class in or before 2015.
- Candidates appearing in 12th class are also eligible to apply.
- Starting date to apply online : January, 2017
- Closing date to submit application form : March, 2017
- Admit Card availability : 10 to 15 days before exam date
- Date of Examination for NEST : May, 2017
- Result declaration date : June, 2017
- Counselling Process : July, 2017
- Application fee for General and OBC Category Candidates : Rs. 700/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/PH Category Candidates : Rs. 350/-
- Application fee can be paid by using online mode i.e. debit card/credit card/net banking.
- Candidates can also pay application fee by Demand Draft drawn in the favor of NISER-NEST, payable at Bhubaneswar.
How to Apply for NEST 2017
Candidates can apply for NEST 2017 via online mode only. Candidates can fill the application form for NEST 2017 from the official website i.e. www.nestexam.in. We are telling you the way to fill the online application form. Note down the steps to apply online for NEST 2017:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.nestexam.in
- Search for the link of Application form for NEST 2017.
- Choose the course for admission.
- Fill the application form completely like personal detail, educational detail, contact detail etc.
- Pay the application fee by any mode as mentioned above and fill the fee detail in the application form.
- Upload the photo, signature etc. on the application form.
- Click Submit after checking the filled application form.
- Click Save and take printout of it for future use.
If candidates are paying application fee by DD, then they have to send the DD at the following mentioned address by post :
The Chief Coordinator, NEST 2016
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
At/PO-Jatni, District-Khurda, PIN-752050, Odisha, India
Exam pattern will help you in making preparation for exam. Question paper will consist of objective type MCQs. Candidates will give answers on OMR Sheets. Total 200 questions will be asked for 200 marks. Questions will be asked from five sections and each section will carry 50 questions. Questions will be asked from following 5 sections:
- General : 50 questions
- Physics : 50 questions
- Chemistry : 50 questions
- Biology : 50 questions
- Mathematics : 50 questions
After commencement of Exam for NEST 2017, the result will be declared after a few days on the official website. The authority will also publish merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the NEST 2017. Candidates, whose name will come under merit list, will be eligible for counselling process. It is expected that counselling will be held in the month of July, 2017. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of rank secured by the candidates in the entrance test.
If you want more information related to NEST Application Form 2017, you can write to us by using the comment box given below.
Official Website www.nestexam.in