PSTET Application Form 2016 : Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application fee, Application Process and Exam Pattern etc.
PSTET Application Form 2016
If you want to be a government teacher in schools of Punjab state then you have to qualify in PSTET i.e. Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test. The PSTET is conducted by the Government of Punjab under the Department of School Education Punjab every year. It is compulsory to qualify in this test for being eligible for government teacher posts at Primary Level and Upper Primary level.
Primary Teachers are for Class 1 to 5 and Upper Primary Teachers are for Class 6 to 8. Many candidates apply for this exam every year. Interested candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for PSTET 2016. They must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria well in time. Otherwise, their application will be rejected at any stage.
PSTET 2016 Application Form will be available in the month of July 2016. The exam will be conducted in the month of August 2016. Candidates can apply for the PSTET 2016 by online mode only. Candidates are advised to read this article carefully before applying because, in this article, we are giving you necessary information like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application fee, Application Process and Exam Pattern etc. related to PSTET Application Form 2016.
Eligibility criteria is different for Primary level and Upper Primary Level. The detail of eligibility norms for both levels is given below:
For Primary Stage Teacher (Class I-V): Applicants should have passed 12th class from recognized board with at least 50% marks & passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
For Elementary Stage Teacher (Class VI-VIII): Applicants must have completed Graduation with at least 50% marks and must have done B.Ed or 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. Candidates, appearing in final year of B.Ed or diploma, can also apply.
- Starting date for application Process : 4th July 2016
- Closing date for submission of application form : 22nd July 2016
- Admit Card availability : A few days before exam date
- Date of Examination : August 2016
- Fee for General category Candidates is Rs. 600 for one paper and Rs. 1200 for both papers.
- Form fee for SC/ST/PH Category Candidates is Rs. 300 for One paper and Rs. 600 for both papers.
- The fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Fee can be paid by online mode i.e. by using debit card/credit card/net banking etc.
How to fill PSTET Application Form 2016
Candidates can fill the PSTET Application Form 2016 via online mode only. We are telling you the way to fill the application form online. Note down the following mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.pstet.org.in
- Search for the link of application Form for PSTET 2016.
- Select the level of teaching for which you want to apply.
- Fill the application form completely.
- Make payment of application fee.
- Upload the photo, signature and thumb impression etc. on the application form.
- Click Submit and save the registration number and password generated after submission of application form.
- Click Save and take the printout of it for future use.
Exam Pattern will consist of objective type questions in PSTET 2016. Total 150 questions will be asked for 150 marks. The duration of exam will be one and a half hour. The exam pattern will be a little bit different for paper 1 and paper 2. The detail is given below:
Exam Pattern for Primary Level Teaching (Class 1 to 5):
Questions will be asked in 5 sections. Each section will carry 30 questions for 30 marks. Questions will be asked from following sections :
Child Development, Language I and II, Mathematics, and Environment Studies.
Exam Pattern for Upper Primary Level Teaching (Class 6 to 8):
Questions will be asked in four sections. 30-30 questions will be asked from Child Development & Pedagogy, Language I & II. 60 questions will be asked from Maths and Science or Social Science subjects as per the choice of subjects made in the application form.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the PSTET 2016. Candidates must secure minimum qualifying marks decided by the exam conducting authority. Candidates will be selected for Interview on merit basis.
If you want any other information related to PSTET 2016, you can write to us by using the comment box given below.
Official Website – www.pstet.org.in