PU MET 2017, Punjab University Management Entrance Test, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Counselling Process etc.
PU MET 2017
If you want to get admission in any management course offered by Punjab University, then you have to apply for PU MET 2017. PU MET stands for Punjab University Management Entrance Test. This is an entrance test conducted by Punjab University to select candidates for admission into various management courses offered by PU. The PU MET 2017 score will be valid for getting admission in various colleges affiliated to Punjab University for admission purpose. Punjab University is a very famous university of Punjab situated in Chandigarh. Colleges affiliated to PU are spread across the state of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and U.T of Chandigarh. PU offers management course in various fields like Retail management & Banking and Insurance Management, Information technology, Infrastructure, Pharmaceutical management and Hospital Management. Application forms for PU MET 2017 will be released in the month of December, 2016 and candidates can apply till February, 2017. The exam will be conducted in the month of March, 2017. We are telling you the detail of PU MET 2017 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Counselling Process etc. in this article. Candidates are advised to read this article carefully before taking decision whether to apply for this exam or not.
Courses offered by Punjab University
- Banking and Insurance Management
- MBA Retail Management
- IT and Telecommunication Management
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Infrastructural Management
- Hospital Management
The detail of terms and conditions to be fulfilled for being eligible for PU MET 2017 is given below:
- Applicant must have done Graduation in relevant discipline from recognized university.
- Candidates should secure at least 50% marks in graduation.
- Candidates appearing in final year are also eligible to apply. But their admission will be confirmed only if they secure at least 50% marks in graduation.
- Starting date to submit application form : December, 2016
- Last date to submit application form : February, 2017
- Admit Card available: 15 days before exam date
- Date of Examination : March, 2017
- Result declaration date : April, 2017
- GD and Personal Interview Date : May, 2017
- Final declaration of Result: May, 2017
- Counselling Process : June, 2017
The detail of application fee is given below:
- Application fee for General Category Candidates : Rs. 1750/-
- Application fee for SC/ST Candidates : Rs. 875/-
- Application fee can be paid by bank challan from SBI Bank.
- Application fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
How to Apply
Candidates can fill the application form online from the official website of the university i.e. uiams.puchd.ac.in. Search for the link of Application Form for PU MET 2017. Fill the form completely. Also fill the fee payment detail. After filling the form, click submit and take printout of it for future use. After that, candidates must send the printed copy of the online filled Application Form of Punjab MET 2016, either personally or by registered post to the following mentioned address:
University Institute of Applied Management Sciences,
South Campus, Sector-25 (Behind Alumni House),
Punjab University, Chandigarh-160014
Exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. pen paper based mode. Objective type MCQs will be asked in the question paper. Each question will carry one mark and there will be 1/4th negative marking for wrong answers. The question paper will be set in only one language i.e. English. The duration of exam will be 2 hours. OMR sheets will be given to mark the answers. Questions will be asked from following sections:
- General Knowledge
- Economics and Business Environment Awareness
- Data interpretation and problem solving
- Numerical Ability
- Verbal Ability/ Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Candidates will be selected on the basis of written test, GD and Interview. After commencement of written test of PU MET 2017, result will be declared within two weeks of commencement of exam. Candidates, whose name will come under merit list, will be eligible for GD and Interview. 85% weightage will be given to written test and remaining 15% weightage will be given equally to GD and Interview.
After commencement of GD and Interview, Final Merit List will be issued on the basis of overall performance in Written test, GD and Interview. Selected candidates will be called for document verification. Seats will be allotted on the basis of rank, choice of course and availability of seats. If candidates fails to present original documents at the time of counselling, his/her admission will be cancelled.
If you want any other information related to PU MET 2017, you can tell us by using comment box given below.
Official Website uiams.puchd.ac.in