“TIFR GS Application Form 2017” – The full form of TIFR is Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. GS stands for Graduate School Admission Test. TIFR is one of the top most institutes for advanced research in fundamental sciences. This Institute acquired the status of deemed university in June 2002. This Institute offers the Ph.D. program as well as M.Sc and Integrated Ph.D. program. TIFR offers Ph.D. programs in various subjects like Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer and System Sciences and Science Education. Ready to apply for TIFR GS Admission Test.
Candidates will get admission in Ph.D. programs by qualifying in the entrance test conducted by TIFR. The name of entrance test is TIFR GS Admission Test 2016. Candidates can fill the TIFR GS Application Form 2017 via online mode and offline mode in case of applicants are from remote areas where internet facility is not available. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for TIFR GS Application Form 2017. In this Article, we are providing you all necessary information related to TIFR GS Application Form 2017. Read the article carefully before applying.
The detail of eligibility criteria for TIFR GS Admission Test 2017 for Ph.D. Program is given below:
- Candidates must have done Master’s degree in relevant discipline from recognized university.
- Applicants appearing in final year of Master degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must secure at least 55% marks in Master’s(50% marks for reserved category candidates).
- The age of candidates should not be more than 35 years as on 1st July 2016
- GATE Scored Candidates can also apply for admission. They need not appear for written test but they have to face the Interview.
- Notification will release: September 2016
- Starting date to apply online: September 2016
- The last date to submit application form online: October 2016
- End date to submit application form offline: October 2016
- Admit card available: 10 to 15 days before exam date
- Date of Examination: December 2016
- Result declaration date: January 2017
- Interview Process: January or February 2017
- Male Candidates of all categories: Rs.500
- Female Candidates: Rs. 100/-
- Application fee can be paid by Online mode i.e. by using the debit card/credit card/net banking
- Application fee can also be paid by Demand Draft to be drawn for “National Center for Biological Sciences” payable at Bangalore for Ph.D
- program in Biology subjects and DD drawn for “Tata Institute of Fundamental Research”payable at Mumbai for Ph.D. in other subjects.
How to Apply for TIFR GS 2017
Candidates can apply for TIFR GS Admission Test 2017 via online and offline mode. Candidates belong to remote areas where internet facility is not available can request for sending application form at their address by post. After getting the application form, Candidates will need to send the filled application form along with DD of Application fee as mentioned above at any one of the above-mentioned address:
For Ph.D. in Biology, send the application form and DD at the above-mentioned address:
Admission Section, National Center for Biological Sciences,
UAS – GKVK Campus, Bellary Road,
Bangalore – 560065
For Ph.D. in Other Subjects, send the application form and DD at the above-mentioned address:
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba,
Mumbai – 400005
Candidates can also apply via online mode from the official website i.e. http://univ.tifr.res.in/gs2016/index.html. After filling the form and paying the application fee, upload the photo, signature, tc. on the application form. After that , click submit and take the printout of it for future use. If the application fee is paid by DD then they have to send the DD via post as mentioned above.
Exam paper will consist of objective type Multi Choice Questions. Part A will be common for all and candidates will have to choose from part B or C.
Candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of written test and interview. Candidates, who will qualify in written test, will be called for Interview and after the interview, candidates will be selected for admission.
If you want more information related to TIFR GS Application Form 2017, you can tell us by using the comment box given below.
Official Website – univ.tifr.res.in
TIFR Admission 2017
Those want to apply for TIFR Admission 2017 Application Form now they need to check section of important dates. Those want to ask more question regarding application form they can use the comment which is mentioned below.