UPSC CAPF Exam 2017, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Selection Procedure etc.
UPSC CAPF Exam 2017
The full form of CAPF is Central Armed Police Forces. Every year, Union Public Service Commission i.e. UPSC conducts CAPF Examination for selection of Assistant Commandants in CAPF such as Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). CAPF Exam is an entrance level exam conducted at national level every year. If you are interested to apply then read this article carefully. Application form for UPSC CAPF Exam 2017 will be available in the month of March, 2017 and the exam will be scheduled in the month of June, 2017. Interested candidates must have a look at the eligibility criteria and other important information like Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Selection Procedure etc. We are providing you all necessary information related to UPSC CAPF Exam 2017 in this article. So, read this article carefully.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. The detail of eligibility criteria is given below:
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- Age limit for applicant is 20 years to 25 years as on 1st August, 2017. Age relaxation to reserved category candidates will be applicable as per government rules.
- Minimum educational requirement is Graduation in any Discipline from recognized university.
- Applicants must have minimum physical standard as specified in the official notification as it will be tested in the Physical Standard Test.
- Both Male and Female candidates can apply for the posts of Assistant Commandants in CRPF, CISF, SSB, BSF. But, Female candidates are not eligible for AC post in ITBP.
- Starting date to send Application Form: March, 2017
- Last date to submit application form: April, 2017
- Date of Written Examination : June, 2017
- Result declaration : September 2017
- Male Candidates of General and OBC category will pay application fee of Rs. 200/-.
- Female candidates and SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
- Application Fee can be paid either by online mode i.e. by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or by offline mode i.e. by using Bank Challan from SBI or by CRF (Central Recruitment Fee) stamp from post office.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can apply for UPSC CAPF Exam 2017 by online mode only. Application form will be available on the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in in the month of March, 2017. Candidates have to visit the official website and search for the link of CAPF Exam 2017 and after that click Apply Online. Now, fill the online application form completely. Fill Personal Detail, Educational Detail, Application Fee Payment Detail etc. Upload the scanned photo, signature etc. After checking the filled application form, click Submit. Click Save and take printout of it for future reference.
Exam will consists of three level i.e. Written Exam, PST/PET and Medical Standards Tests and Interview.
Exam Pattern for Level 1 i.e. Written Test:
Written exam will consist of two papers, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 will be of objective type and all questions will be set in both Hindi and English Languages. In Paper 1, Questions will be asked from General Ability and Intelligence. Total marks will be 25o for Paper 1. Paper 2 will consist of questions from General Studies, Essay and Comprehension consisting 200 marks.
Second Level i.e. Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Tests:
Candidates, who will qualify in written test, will be called for Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Tests. These test are conducted to check the physical ability and fitness of the candidates. These tests will contain 150 marks.
Third and Final Level i.e. Interview:
Those candidates, who will qualify in both levels i.e. written test and Physical Tests, will be eligible for Interview or Personality Test. Interview will also contain a total of 150 marks.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Marks obtained in written test, physical test and interview or personality test. Selection will be done on purely merit basis. Merit list will be issued after every test. Candidates, whose name will come under merit list, will go to next level. Final selection will be made by considering marks obtained in all tests.
If you have any other query related to UPSC CAPF Exam 2017, you can tell us by using comment box given below.
Official Website of UPSC