UPSC ESE 2017 Application Form: UPSC ESE Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Selection Procedure, etc.
Every year, Union Public Service Commission i.e. UPSC conducts Engineering Service Examination at a national level. The purpose of conducting this exam is to recruit deserving candidates in several engineering departments like Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
If you are an engineer and want to apply for this examination, then you must read this article to gain knowledge about Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Selection Procedure, etc. related to UPSC ESE 2017.
Application form for this exam will be released in the month of February 2017 and the exam will be conducted in the month of May 2017. Candidates are advised to read this article carefully before making you mind to apply for this exam.
UPSC ESE 2017 Application Form
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Read the detail of eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- Age limit of the candidate should be between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st January 2017. Age relaxation to reserved category candidates will be applicable as per government rules.
- Applicant must have done B.E/B.Tech degree in relevant discipline from recognized university or Diploma in Engineering from recognized university or institution.
- Candidates appearing in final year exam can also apply for this test.
Important Dates (Tentative)
- Starting date of submission of application form: February 2017
- Last date of submission of application form: March 2017
- Admit Card Available: 15 days before exam date
- Date of Examination: May 2017
- Results Declaration Date: November 2017
- Personal Interview: January-February, 2018
Application fee can be paid by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or by using Bank Challan from SBI or by CRF (Central Recruitment Fee) stamp from a post office. The detail of application fee for different category candidates is given below:
- Application Fee for General and OBC Candidates(Male): Rs. 200/-
- No Application Fee for Female candidates of all categories.
- No Application Fee for SC/ST/PH candidates.
How to Apply for UPSC ESE 2017 Application Form
Candidates can apply for UPSC ESE 2017 in the month of February and March 2017. Candidates can apply only through online mode. Candidates can apply through official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in. We are telling you the steps to fill the online application form. Note down the following mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in
- Search for the link of Engineering Service Exam 2017.
- Choose your stream of engineering and click Apply Online.
- Fill the application form completely like personal detail, educational detail, fee payment detail, etc.
- Upload the scanned photo and signature etc.
- After filling all the details in the application form, Click Submit.
- Click Save and take the printout of it for future use.
The exam will be organized for four categories of Engineering, namely, Civil Engineering (Category I), Mechanical Engineering (Category II), Electrical Engineering (Category III), Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering (Category IV). Exam Pattern will remain same for all streams of engineering.
The exam will consist of two parts. Part I will be of objective type and Part II will be of the Subjective type. After written test, Personal Interview will be conducted for 200 marks. The detail of exam pattern for Part I and Part II is given below:
Exam Pattern for Part-I (Objective Type):
This exam is objective type. There will be three exams for 200 marks and 2 hours duration will be given to attempt each exam. Questions will be asked from following subjects:
- General Ability Test (General English and General Studies): 200 marks and 2 hours duration
- Engineering Relevant Discipline paper I: 200 marks and 2 hours duration
- Engineering Relevant Discipline Paper II: 200 marks and 2 hours duration
Exam Pattern for Part II (Subjective Type):
- Engineering Relevant Discipline paper I: 200 marks and 3 hours duration
- Engineering Relevant Discipline Paper II: 200 marks and 3 hours duration
Candidates will be selected by marks obtained in written test and Interview. Written test contains 1000 marks, and Interview contains 200 marks. Candidates, who will secure minimum qualifying marks in written test, will be called for interview.
Merit list will be issued by marks in written test. Final selection will be made after the interview. Document verification and checking of eligibility criteria will also be done in Interview.
If you have any doubt or you want to ask any question related to UPSC ESE 2017, you can write to us through comment box.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in