UPSC IES ISS Exam 2017 Application Form: UPSC IES ISS Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Selection Procedure etc.
If you want to be an officer in statistics and economics in government service, you have to qualify UPSC IES ISS Exam. This is a combined competitive examination conducted yearly for recruitment in Indian Economics Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Services (IES). This is one of the most competitive exam in India.
If you are interested for this examination and want to apply then you must have a look at the eligibility criteria and other important details like Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Selection Procedure etc.
Application form for UPSC IES ISS Exam 2017 will be released in the month of January, 2017 and exam will be conducted in the month of May, 2017. We are providing you all the information related to UPSC IES ISS Exam 2017 in this article. Read this article carefully before applying.
UPSC IES ISS 2017 Application Form
Applicant must be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan. A Tibetan refugee came India before 01 January, 1962 with mind-set to become a permanent residence of India are also eligible. Age limit of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category candidates as per government rules. Educational qualification detail is given below:
For Indian Economic Service:
Candidate must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometric from recognized university.
For Indian Statistical Service:
Candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from recognized university.
- Starting Date to submit application form online: January, 2017
- Closing Date to submit application form online: February, 2017
- Admit Card released date: 15 days before exam date
- Date of Examination : May, 2017
Male Candidates of General and OBC category will pay application fee of Rs. 200/- either by online mode i.e. by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or by offline mode i.e. by using Bank Challan from SBI or by CRF (Central Recruitment Fee) stamp from post office. Female candidates and SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
How to Apply for UPSC IES ISS Exam 2017
Candidates can apply for UPSC IES ISS 2017 via online mode. Candidates can apply for these posts from official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in. Note down the steps to fill the online application form:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in
- Search for the link of IES ISS Exam 2017.
- Choose the exam for which you want to apply from IES or ISS and click Apply Online.
- Fill the application form completely like personal detail, educational detail, fee payment detail etc.
- Upload the scanned photo and signature etc.
- After filling all the details in the application form, Click Submit.
- Click Save and take printout of it for future use.
Candidates will selected on the basis of written test and viva-voce. Written test will comprise of 1000 marks and viva-voce will be of maximum 200 marks.Exam will be set in only English language. Exam Pattern is different for both examinations i.e. IES and ISS. The detail is given below:
Exam Pattern for Indian Economic Service:
Total duration is three hours for each paper.
1. General English- 100 Marks
2. General Studies – 100 Marks
3. General Economics(Subjective)-I – 200 Marks
4. General Economics-II(Subjective) – 200 Marks
5. General Economics-III (Subjective)- 200 Marks
6. Indian Economics(Subjective) – 200 Marks
Exam Pattern for Indian Statistical Service:
The duration of objective type exams will be two hours and for remaining subjects, duration will be three hours.
- General English- 100 Marks
- General Studies – 100 Marks
- Statistics-I (Objective) – 200 Marks
- Statistics-II (Objective) – 200 Marks
- Statistics-III (Subjective) – 200 Marks
- Statistics-IV (Subjective) – 200 Marks
Candidates will be shortlisted for Viva Voce on the basis of marks obtained in written test. The viva voce will contain 200 marks. Interview is conducted to check the general and specialized knowledge and abilities for the candidate.
Candidates will be finally selected on the basis of written test and viva voce. Marks obtained in both will be totaled and a merit list will be prepared. Final selection will be done after document verification.
If you have any other question related to UPSC IES ISS Exam 2017, you can write to us by using comment box given below: