UPSC IFS 2016 Application Form: UPSC IFS Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Selection Procedure, etc.
Indian Forest Service i.e. IFS Exam is one of the Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission i.e. UPSC every year. This exam is conducted at national level. This exam is conducted at three levels i.e. Preliminary, Main, and Interview. Every year, thousands of candidates apply for this examination.
Application form for UPSC IFS 2016 will be released on 27th April 2016. Interested candidates can apply for this examination till 27th May 2016. The Preliminary Exam will be held on 7th August 2016. Interested candidates must have a look at the eligibility criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, How to Apply and Selection Procedure, etc. before applying.
Candidates can get all the information from this article. Candidates are advised to read this article carefully before applying.
UPSC IFS 2016 Application Form
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying. The detail of eligibility criteria is given below:
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen. A Person of Indian Origin migrated from another country for permanently settling in India can also apply
- Candidate must have done Graduation from recognized university with at least one of the subjects detailed below:
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or Engineering.
- Starting Date to Apply online: 27th April 2016
- Closing Date to apply online: 27th May 2016
- Date of Exam(Preliminary): 7th August 2016
- The result of Pre. Exam: September 2016(Expected)
- Date of Exam(Main): 12th December 2016
- Candidates for General and OBC Category(Male) have to pay application fee of Rs. 100/-. Application fee can be paid either through online mode i.e. by using debit card/credit card/Net Banking etc. or through offline mode i.e. Bank Challan or Central Recruitment Fee Stamp from Post Office.
- No need to pay the application fee by Females of all categories and reserved categories like SC/ST/PH etc.
How to Apply for UPSC IFS 2016 Application Form
Candidates can apply for IFS Exam 2016 only through online mode. Candidates should be ready with the scanned photograph, signature, valid email id before applying. We are telling you the steps to fill the application form online. Note down the steps detailed below:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in
- Search for the link of IFS Application Form 2016 and open it.
- Fill the online application form like personal detail, educational detail, fee payment detail, etc.
- Upload the scanned photo and signature etc.
- Click Submit after filling the form completely.
- Click Save and take the printout of it for future use.
The Exam Pattern for IFS 2016 consists of exams at two levels i.e. Preliminary and Main Exam and Personality Test. Only those candidates, who qualify in preliminary exam, will be eligible for Main Exam. The exam pattern for both exams is given below:
Exam pattern for Preliminary Exam:
A preliminary exam will consist of objective type multi-choice questions. Total marks for preliminary exam will be 200 marks. The exam will be set in both the languages i.e. Hindi and English. The duration of exam will be 2 hours. Extra 20 minutes will be provided to Visually Handicapped candidates.
Exam Pattern for Main Exam:
- The main exam will consist of 6 papers. Exam pattern for Main Exam is given below:
- Paper I General English 300 Marks
- Paper II General Knowledge 300 Marks
- Paper III, IV, V,VI: Any two subjects 200 marks to be selected from the list of each the optional paper. Each subject will have two papers of 200 marks each.
Personality Test/ Interview:
The interview will be arranged for selected candidates only. Candidates will be shortlisted for interview by performance in the preliminary and main exam. Marks for Interview will be given out of 300 marks.
Candidates will be selected by performance in Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview. Candidates, who will pass in the Preliminary exam, will be eligible for Main Examination. Candidates, who will manage to pass the Main Exam, will be called for Interview.
Final selection will be done by total marks obtained in Main Exam and Interview. If you have any other query related to IFS 2016, you can write to us through comment box.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in